The clock is ticking toward the funding deadline. Unless Congress reaches a spending agreement that the president signs into law by midnight Friday, much of the government will shut down.
During this uncertain time, NTEU is keeping our members informed with up-to-the-minute information on a new shutdown web page.
This page is your one stop for news, resources and answers to your questions about what a government shutdown would mean for you. Here is what you’ll find:
- News updates that explain how developments on Capitol Hill will impact your workplace
- Legislative action alerts so you can make your voice heard
- Answers to frequently-asked questions on how a shutdown would affect your pay, leave, health insurance, service credit and retirement
- Agency contingency plans
- NTEU news releases and headlines
- A link to update your contact information so you can receive emails to your personal address and urgent text alerts in the event of a shutdown
Also, stay tuned to this blog for breaking news.