The proposed looming cuts to your retirement benefits and take-home pay will impact all federal employees and retirees. To stop them, every NTEU member needs to get involved.
National President Tony Reardon is holding a telephone town hall on Monday, July 17 at 7 p.m. (ET) for all NTEU members to discuss how you can participate in NTEU's grassroots campaign fighting against these drastic proposals:
• Your take-home pay would be reduced by about 6 percent as your contributions to your annuity are increased.
• Your annuity would be cut with a move to a high-five average formula from the current high-three.
• COLAs for FERS annuities would be eliminated.
• COLAs for CSRS annuities would decrease annually by 0.5 percent.
• The FERS supplement would be eliminated.
At the time of the call, NTEU will call you at the telephone number we have on file for you.
Take the call and get legislative updates on these retirement proposals that Congress may act on, answers to your questions and information on how to get involved and make a difference.
Reminder: you must not be on work time to avoid anti-lobbying violations.
The call will be recorded so if you have a scheduling conflict you can listen at a later time.